Advanced Technology and Techniques
It's rightly understood that technology is our friend in the emergency restoration business; technology helps find and fight restoration-type problems like moisture, mold, soot, and damage of all types. But, emergency restoration technology is new.
Problems with mold and water damage are as old as history. Interestingly, the first written mold remediation protocol is found in the Bible, Leviticus 14. Here instructions are given on how to identify, isolate and restore a home impacted by mold. Fires are also as old as history. But the industry and the science behind restoration follow the arc of the 20th century, it's here technologies are developed and applied — see below the different technologies we employ to help mitigate and restore properties.
These advancements in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry allow SERVPRO of Weston / West Davie to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and most effectively. The standards for restoration and remediation are outlined by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC); it's this organization that sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning.
We take our restoration work seriously to make sure that we're using the most up to date interventions and tools to make sure your property is restored and delivered back to you fast and efficiently.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.