Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water invades your home or business it can quickly become a more serious issue if the proper mitigation steps are not taken. Within 48 hours, moisture can cause mold to grow on many different surfaces such as paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, sheetrock and wood products. For obvious reasons that can become a major issue in your home or business and it will escalate quickly as well.
Where there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, there is potential for mold.
It is important to call a team of mold remediation experts for help when you discover mold in your home or business. SERVPRO of Weston/West Davie can arrive quickly and remediate any mold found on your property.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (954) 384-6653
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Weston / West Davie for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Weston / West Davie has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Cooper City
- Southwest Ranches