Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
The next step in the water damage restoration process is EXTRACTION.
Once our SERVPRO of Weston / West Davie team has performed the inspection and damage assessment, the next step is to remove the water. In this step we'll remove the majority of excess water found on your property. Our crews are equipped with water pumps and truck mounted vacuums that enable us to move large amounts of water quickly to minimize damage to the property. The goal here is to accomplish this as fast as possible knowing that each moment the water rests in the property, the greater the damage is.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Weston / West Davie can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.